Comprehensive Training in Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychology
Online Live Comprehensive Training 2022
February 4, 2022 @ 9:00 am – December 11, 2022 @ 2:30 pm
February 2022-December 2022
Level One offers a thorough grounding in the theories and techniques of Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychology. Level Two presents an advanced level of the work including a developmental model of character structure, basics about trauma and the body, increased practice session time, feedback for practitioners (strengths and growing edges), ethical issues and support, and guidelines for certification as a Hakomi Practitioner.
Please Note: Dates may be changed up to 3 months before starting date.
Level One (ONLINE, LIVE):
Dates: Feb. 4 – Dec. 11 , 2022
Level Two (HYBRID FORMAT-ONLINE, LIVE & IN PERSON MEETINGS):
Dates: To Be Determined in 2023
Tuition: Tuition for each level: $4995; early enrollment rate: $4495
- $500 deposit due by Nov. 30, 2021 for early enrollment price for Level One.
- $500 deposit due by Jan. 4, 2022, for early enrollment for Level Two.
- Payment plans available for a small fee.
- There are a limited number of work-study (reduced tuition based on need) positions available. Ask for an application if you are interested.
- We offer discounted rates for BIPOC and other systemically marginalized groups.
- We offer group discount rates, too.
This training is for professional therapists and counselors, healing arts practitioners, coaches, students of counseling and psychotherapy, interns, educators, clergy and people transitioning into the field of body psychology who want to learn the method in its entirety.
- A two day Hakomi workshop or class with Hakomi Institute SW faculty
- A completed application including recent photo and resume’ or curriculum vitae
- A non-refundable application fee of $85.00
- An in person interview with HSW faculty
In some situations, the Institute may require additional information from an applicant, an additional interview with the HSW faculty or the completion of specific additional learning.
What You Will Learn:
In this hands-on, experiential training, you’ll learn how to:
- Energize and strengthen your work using Hakomi’s inspiring principles like mindfulness, nonviolence, organicity, mind-body holism and unity
- Use mindfulness to identify and transform hidden core beliefs driving self-defeating behavior
- Gain greater self-awareness by mindfully studying your own limiting reactive patterns
- Work from a compassionate, nonjudgmental state that helps clients feel safer and go deeper
- Apply unique and innovative methods for melting client resistance and overcoming impasses in your work
Description of Level One:
Level One includes in-depth coverage of the Hakomi principles, Hakomi theories, maps and models as well as specific techniques. Training weekends include a mix of didactic material, experiential exercises, discussion, movement/embodiment exercises, group maintenance time and supervised practice times.
Comprehensive Training Dates 2022-2023
Level 1, COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING DATES, 2022
10 weekends, Friday-Sunday, 140 hours
PLEASE NOTE: ALL TIMES LISTED ARE FOR THE MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE
Fridays: 3 hours (3PM-6PM), Saturdays: 6 hours (10AM-1PM & 2PM-5PM), Sundays: 4 hours (10AM-2:30 PM with a 30 minute break)
Plus one office hour per month, date and time TBD
Summer Break: July 11-Sept. 8
Description of Level Two:
Level Two offers a developmental theory of character including specific stages of development and learning tasks associated with each stage. A general understanding of Attachment Theory is included. In addition, students are taught basics about traumatic activation: how to recognize it, how to resource someone dealing with it and when to refer to more specialized body-centered practitioners.
Level Two also includes more advanced practice and integration of the Hakomi method.
In addition to regular attendance, there are monthly reading assignments and monthly peer study groups. Since proficiency with the method comes through practice, it is highly recommended that students arrange practice sessions with appropriate volunteer clients. Upon graduation, those meeting the above requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion. Qualifying as a Certified Hakomi Therapist or Certified Hakomi Practitioner is competency based. This usually involves advanced supervision from the Hakomi faculty including video session review.
For more information please contact: