Online Live Comprehensive Training 2022-2024 :
We are beginning a Level 2 Comprehensive Training March 31-April 2, 2023. This training consists of 10 Modules (Weekends, Friday PM through Sunday). If you have completed a Level 1 anywhere, you are welcome to apply for Level 2. You may also apply to repeat Level 2 if you wish; that would be at half price.
March 31, 2022 @ 3:00 pm – March 3, 2024 @ 2:30 pm
LEVEL ONE: April 2022 – February 2023
Level One offers a thorough grounding in the theories and techniques of Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychology. Level Two presents an advanced level of the work including a developmental model of character structure, basics about trauma and the body, increased practice session time, feedback for practitioners (strengths and growing edges), ethical issues and support, and guidelines for certification as a Hakomi Practitioner.
Level One (ONLINE, LIVE):
Dates: April 8, 2022– February 5, 2023
Level Two (ONLINE, LIVE ):
Dates: March 31, 2023-March 3, 2024
Tuition: Tuition for each level: $4995; early enrollment rate: $4495
- $500 deposit due by Jan. 24, 2022 for early enrollment price for Level One.
- $500 deposit due by Jan. 24, 2023, for early enrollment for Level Two.
- Payment plans available for a small fee.
- There are a limited number of work-study (reduced tuition based on need) positions available. Ask for an application if you are interested.
- We offer discounted rates for BIPOC and other systemically marginalized groups.
- We offer group discount rates, too.
Download the full Level 2 schedule HERE
Download the Application to Comprehensive Training
This training is for professional therapists and counselors, healing arts practitioners, coaches, students of counseling and psychotherapy, interns, educators, clergy and people transitioning into the field of body psychology who want to learn the method in its entirety.
- A two day Hakomi workshop from any region
- A completed application including recent photo and resume’ or curriculum vitae
- A non-refundable application fee of $85.00
- An in person interview with HSW faculty
In some situations, the Institute may require additional information from an applicant, an additional interview with the HSW faculty or the completion of specific additional learning.
What You Will Learn:
In this hands-on, experiential training, you’ll learn how to:
- Energize and strengthen your work using Hakomi’s inspiring principles like mindfulness, nonviolence, organicity, mind-body holism and unity
- Use mindfulness to identify and transform hidden core beliefs driving self-defeating behavior
- Gain greater self-awareness by mindfully studying your own limiting reactive patterns
- Work from a compassionate, nonjudgmental state that helps clients feel safer and go deeper
- Apply unique and innovative methods for melting client resistance and overcoming impasses in your work
Description of Level One:
Level One includes in-depth coverage of the Hakomi principles, Hakomi theories, maps and models as well as specific techniques. Training weekends include a mix of didactic material, experiential exercises, discussion, movement/embodiment exercises, group maintenance time and supervised practice times.
Comprehensive Training Dates 2022-2024
Level 1, COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING DATES, 2022-2023
10 weekends, Friday-Sunday, 140 hours
PLEASE NOTE: ALL TIMES LISTED ARE FOR THE MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE
Fridays: 3 hours (3PM-6PM), Saturdays: 6 hours (10AM-1PM & 2PM-5PM), Sundays: 4 hours (10AM-2:30 PM with a 30 minute break)
Plus one office hour per month, date and time TBD
Description of Level Two:
Level Two offers a developmental theory of character including specific stages of development and learning tasks associated with each stage. An introduction of the systems that shape us as associated with each developmental theme is also offered. A general understanding of Attachment Theory is included. In addition, students are taught basics about traumatic activation: how to recognize it, how to resource someone dealing with it and when to refer to more specialized body-centered practitioners.
Level Two also includes more advanced practice and integration of the Hakomi method.
Hakomi Institute Southwest
Comprehensive Training Dates & Times
Level 2 (L2), 2023-2024
- March 31-April 2
- May 5-7
- June 9-11
- July 7-9 SUMMER BREAK : JULY 9-SEPT. 7
- Sept. 8-10
- Oct. 6-8; PLEASE NOTE: NOVEMBER 2023 WILL BE DEVOTED TO INDIVIDUAL CONFERENCES WITH STUDENTS
- Dec. 1-3, AND THEN 2024:
- Jan. 5-7
- Feb. 2-4
- March 1-3
Friday: 3-6pm; 2.5 hours class time with breaks
Saturday: 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm; 5.5 hours class time with breaks
Sunday: 10am-2:30pm; 4 hours class time with a 30 minute break
**All hours are in Mountain Time Zone
10 weekends x 12 hours per weekend = 120 Live-Workshop Hours 1 Optional Faculty Office Hour per month TBD x 10 months = 10 hours
L2 Total Program Hours: 120 Hours (+ Office Hour + Homework & Study Group Sessions)
In addition to regular attendance, there are monthly reading assignments and monthly peer study groups. Since proficiency with the method comes through practice, it is highly recommended that students arrange practice sessions with appropriate volunteer clients. Upon graduation, those meeting the above requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion. Qualifying as a Certified Hakomi Therapist or Certified Hakomi Practitioner is competency based. This usually involves advanced supervision from the Hakomi faculty including video session review.
For more information please contact:
Hakomi Institute Southwest
or Gregory Gaiser at 650-919-3103