- This event has passed.
REMEMBERING THE HEART OF THERAPY: An Introduction to Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychology
September 10, 2016 @ 10:00 am - September 11, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Ron Kurtz, the founder of the Hakomi Method, once said that Hakomi was “a harbor for Therapists lost.” By that he meant that Hakomi was often a refuge for therapists who felt hindered by mountains of paperwork, the pressure to get results quickly and a generalized feeling that something more engaging could be happening for both themselves and their clients.
Seasoned therapists as well as those just starting out had lost touch with the real values that had inspired them to enter the healing arts in the first place. Such things as the importance of authentic human connection, how to befriend the unconscious, emotional attunement, and seeing the whole person (not just a diagnosis in a book) were the kinds of things Ron was talking about.
This workshop is designed not only to introduce some basics about Hakomi MIndful Somatic Psychology, but to re-kindle therapists’ excitement and love of their profession.
Here is what you can expect to experience:
- Tools for cultivating your own Loving Presence as a healing component in your work
- The discovery of any internal oppression to connecting with your Loving Presence
- Immersion in the Hakomi Principles of Mindfulness, Unity, Organicity (inner intelligence and wisdom), Non-violence and Holism
- Opportunities to connect with and ground your Inspiration as a therapist
- A community context which values authenticity, passion and intelligence in working in the healing arts
- Some specific Hakomi techniques which foster connection and alleviate burn-out