When: Saturday, Oct. 20, 10-6 and Sunday, Oct. 21, 10-4:30
Who: Taught by Gregory Gaiser, PC, Certified Hakomi Trainer and Sogetsu School of Ikebana Teacher
Where: Sol Healing and Wellness, 13805 Ann Place, Austin, TX 78728
Cost: $275 early bird/$300 after Oct. 1
Cancellations accepted until October 1 minus a 30 % fee.
No refunds after October 10, although you may
send someone in your place.
All plant materials, containers and scissors will be provided; You will be able to take your flowers home with you.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
I was first introduced to Hakomi in 1981 in Boulder, Colorado, and was immediately captivated by the gentleness and depth of the method. About that same time, I began to attend Shambhala Training meditation weekends. In addition to the sitting practice, the meditation hall had the most unique and heart-stirring flower arrangements I had ever seen. I learned that this was actually a sophisticated art form called ikebana which was taught through hundreds of ikebana schools in Japan.
Over time, I began to understand that there was a great philosophical compatibility between Hakomi and ikebana. This was not too surprising since Hakomi is deeply rooted in Buddhist and Taoist thought. Most notably, the Hakomi Principles of Loving Presence, Unity, Non-Violence, Organicity (organic inner wisdom), Holism and Mindfulness all had relevance in the application of ikebana and other Dharma arts.
What to expect/what you will learn:
- A cognitive overview of the Hakomi method
- Instruction in basic mindfulness practice
- Tools for cultivating Loving Presence toward yourself and your self expression
- A body based approach to learning Ikebana through the senses
- Cognitive and experiential exploration of the Hakomi Principles of Mindfulness, Unity, Organicity (inner intelligence and wisdom), Non-violence, and Holism
- Opportunities to connect with and ground your inspiration and creativity as a therapist
- A community context which values authenticity, creativity and devotion working in the healing arts
- New ways of experiencing nature
To register: Simply send an email with your contact information to email@example.com
To Pay: send payment through www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
simply mail a check to:
Hakomi Institute SW
633 W. Dittmar Rd. Austin, TX 78745
THIS WORKSHOP MEETS THE PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION TO THE COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING IN HAKOMI